The Seniors' Mobility and Enabling Fund (SMF) provides holistic support for seniors to age in place within the community by extending subsidies to Singaporean seniors:
- Requiring mobility and assistive devices for daily independent living and to remain ambulant in the community
- Receiving government funded home care and care within the community, needing home healthcare items for their care
To support ageing in place, if your elderly who lives at home& needs subsidies for assistive devices or home healthcare items, you can apply for the following SMF subsidies:
- Assistive Devices:
- This refers to items that help an elderly person move around, such as walking stick, wheelchair and pushchair. It also includes things that an elderly person may need at home, such as commode, pressure relief cushion and hospital bed as well as spectacles and hearing aids.
- Please note that SMF subsidies are provided through the application only, reimbursement for any purchase prior to an approved application is strictly not allowed.
- Application for each device category is only once per lifetime. Repeat application for the same device category is not allowed.
- Home Healthcare Items:
- Frail seniors who can stay in nursing homes but choose to stay at home and be supported by home healthcare services in their community can get subsidies for the cost of catheters, milk supplements, thickeners, adult diapers, nasal tubing and wound dressings.