You can get free treatment at restructured hospitals, polyclinics and approved intermediate and long-term care services if you are a needy Singapore citizen or Permanent Resident using the Medical Fee Exemption Card.
Free treatment is available at restructured hospitals, polyclinics and national specialty centres (such as the National Dental Centre) for:
- Inpatient and outpatient medical consultations.
- Standard procedures (such as X-ray, CT scan, blood test, and more).
- Medications for certain drugs. Any other medications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The approved intermediate and long-term care services include:
- Selected Medifund-accredited ILTC providers only
- MOH-funded Voluntary welfare organisation nursing homes (NHs)
- Private nursing homes (PNH) under the portable subsidy scheme only (this means the private nursing homes have set aside some beds for patients who can apply for MOH subsidies)
- Chronic sick hospitals
- Community hospitals