Where Can You Access Respite Care?
- At a senior care centre
Your loved one will join group activities with others during the day in a senior care centre. Respite care is available on both weekdays and weekends. For more information on centre services, please
- At a nursing home (for seniors who are more frail and require nursing needs)
If your loved one needs assistance in most of their activities of daily living and/or have daily nursing care needs, you can consider respite care at a nursing home. Respite care is available on both weekdays and weekends for a minimum of seven days per stay, and up to 30 days per year. For more information on nursing home respite care, please
Plan Ahead for Respite Care
You may need to access respite care unexpectedly. Planning ahead for respite care will help you to better care for yourself and your loved ones. You can pre-enrol for this ahead of time under the Go Respite pilot programme, to shorten the time required to access this care option when you need it.
WHAT IS GO RESPITE?
Go Respite is a new pilot programme that encourages caregivers to plan ahead and identify a suitable respite option that is able to meet their needs and those of their loved ones. As a caregiver, you can pre-enrol with your preferred senior care centre or nursing home and complete some necessary pre-admission applications in advance. This shortens the time it takes to access respite care when you need it. Caregivers whose loved one is successfully pre-enrolled can contact their preferred service provider directly should they require respite care.
Why is Pre-enrolment Important?
You may find yourself in a situation where you need respite care unexpectedly. However, finding a suitable care arrangement for your loved one takes time as you will need to consider the following:
- What are the respite care options available?
- Which option can cater to my needs or my loved one’s needs?
- Which service provider should I select?
- What information do I need for admission?
- Am I eligible for subsidies for respite care?
The pre-enrolment process will guide you through questions, decide on a suitable care arrangement, and complete some necessary pre-admission applications in advance. This shortens the time it takes to access respite care when you need it.
Download the Go Respite flyers below:
PARTICIPATING SERVICE PROVIDERS
for the full list of participating centres and nursing homes.UPCOMING PROVIDER OPEN HOUSES
for the list of upcoming open houses.HOW DO I PRE-ENROL?
ACTIVATING RESPITE CARE
||Talk to your loved one and family to select a suitable respite care option, based on preferences on location, and duration of care. You
do not need to pre-enrol if your loved one is already visiting a senior day care centre. Please approach your regular day care provider should your loved one require respite care.|
||Shortlist your preferred respite care option and provider(s) from the list of participating centres and nursing homes.|
||Fill in the
Pre-Enrolment Form and submit it to us using any of the following methods:|
By Post||Agency for Integrated Care|
Attn: Home and Community Care Division
7 Maxwell Road, #04-01
MND Complex Annexe B
Walk-in||Your nearest AICare Link branch|
here for the full list of AICare Link branches
||Apply for Household Means Testing (if applicable)|
If your loved one is a Singaporean or Permanent Resident, and lives in a household where the monthly per capita income is $2,600 and below, he/she may be eligible for government subsidies. You will need to complete a household means test when you pre-enrol, if you do not currently have a valid means test or your current means test validity is expiring. Please note that household means test for community care services differs from the means test that is done for inpatient services in the hospitals). You wish to find out more about household means testing
here or download the household means test form
||Submit the completed means testing form, along with the relevant supporting documents to the following address:|
By Post||Ministry of Health Holdings|
Harbourfront Centre Post Office
PO Box 074
||Upon submitting the completed pre-enrolment and means testing form, you will receive an acknowledgement letter from AIC
||When you receive the acknowledgement letter, please contact your preferred service provider to schedule an assessment. The service provider will also advise you on the necessary information that will be needed when you activate the service.|
- Upon successful pre-enrolment, please
contact your preferred provider directly should you require respite care.
- You may need to make separate arrangements for transport to and from your selected respite care service provider.
- The pre-enrolment will be valid for 2 years upon completion and you will need to update your status thereafter.
- Please note that pre-enrolment does not guarantee placement. Admission to the service is subject to vacancy, and patient’s medical condition is stable with no significant change from the point of pre-enrolment. For your loved one’s health and safety, if there are any changes to medical condition or functional abilities, you will need to alert the service provider and furnish the latest medical report or discharge summary, so that the service provider can assess if they are able to provide the service.