The services at a Senior Activity Centre are free if you are 60 years old and older, need help with Activities of Daily Living and have little or no family support. If you are eligible, you can apply to the centre for free services.
Activities of Daily Living are:
- Washing: The ability to wash in the bath or shower (including getting into and out of the bath or shower) or wash by other means.
- Dressing: The ability to put on, take off, secure and unfasten all garments and, as appropriate, any braces, artificial limbs or other surgical or medical tools.
- Feeding: The ability to feed oneself food.
- Toileting: The ability to use the lavatory or manage bowel and bladder function through the use of protective undergarments or surgical appliances if appropriate.
- Mobility: The ability to move indoors from room to room on level surfaces.
- Transferring: The ability to move from a bed to an upright chair or wheelchair, and vice versa.
You can find a Senior Activity Centre using the